- The coming of spring is a time when Spring Cleaning is on our minds. If we live in a cold climate, we know that soon we will want to be outdoors much of the time. Cleaning out the interior of our homes is meaningful to do before the outdoor urges (and cleaning, too!) arrives. To prepare for that, I suggest taking some time to think about your life, and where the biggest challenges are. Then, take a look at the Feng Shui Bagua, locate where that area is in your life, and begin your Spring Cleaning right there!
- Sometimes, being stuck in life also shows up in home disrepairs. For example, water leaks are almost always an indication that wherever they appear in the Bagua, most likely there is a corresponding ‘leakage’ in your life. So this is an alternate place to begin, by reviewing what is and isn’t working in your home! Find it, and fix it!
- Often, the clutter is not visible; instead, it is behind closed doors or drawers. Or, it could be underneath your bed – which should never be used as a storage area! Open up and look above and below, to see what may be lurking behind the scenes. By removing, clearing, and cleaning, you’ll be opening up space for the Universe to deliver some of the things that you’ve been hoping for!
- If you’ve been a follower of my Chi Insight videos, you likely know how Feng Shui’s Bagua works, and how to pinpoint an area in your home that reflects your life. If you haven’t watched the videos, go to my YouTube page, and watch a few of them! You’ll find quick videos for each area of life, detailing simple things that you can do to make changes.
- Complete this process at home, and then look at your office or work environment to see if there is something to pay attention to there. Even your car, briefcase or handbag could benefit from paying attention to it, too!
- Another major area to consider clearing is your mind! If we clutter up our mind with anger, worry, fear, sadness and more, it literally gets in the way of our smooth flow through life. Things just are what they are. They will pass, and new things will try to fill our minds soon after. What if we simply ‘notice’, rather than focus, on our thoughts?
- It can be curious, and of interest, to notice that when a car cuts us off that we feel anger. But do we really need to hold on to that moment which is soon in the past? What about replacing it with gratitude – that it missed us? Or compassion – for whatever is going on in the other driver’s mind that caused distraction enough to almost harm us or others? How different would it be to take a quick moment to offer a blessing to them, asking the Universe for guidance to prevent them from self harm or harming others? Planting these seeds could literally prevent further problems down the road, and ease our own minds.
- As we move toward spring, and consider how our decluttering and cleaning actions can impact our personal Feng Shui, take time to review each item of release. Did it bring me joy at one time but now does the opposite? Does it need repair that I’ve meant to do for years and have not followed through on? Would it be put to better use in someone else’s environment? Is it time to let it go and see what is waiting to enter in its place?
- Now is the only moment that you have. Now is the time to make these releasing decisions. Like the wonderful buds on the trees and the plant sprouts coming up from the ground, this is a time to anticipate the new life experiences waiting to enter our lives. Let’s make a plan for clearing the way so they have all the space they need to manifest!