Following are 5 steps you can take to create more ‘flow’ in your own life:
1. Place a water fountain in the center of the front of your home. It can be inside, or, outside your space. If you can’t have actual water, consider creating a symbolic feature of water, such as using black river stones in a meandering path. This is the Career/Service area of the westernized bagua. Set your intentions for improvement of this area of your life, and watch for the results!
2. Do you have a fire place or stove in the center of your home? This is an area that impacts your health, and these items may be too strong an energy to have there. Water helps eliminate fire, and keeping water elements near this area could be helpful to creating better health. Ideas for the FP include placing: a picture of water above the mantel, objects that are found in the water (sea shells, statutes of water fowl, etc.) and objects that are black (represents water). A simple idea for the stove is to keep a kettle of water on top, always ready to douse the fire element!
3. Are you suffering from hot flashes? Besides jumping into a pool or ocean of water, consider using the color to help. Dark or royal blues represent this element, and dressing with intention may help your situation!
4. Water fountains are also useful in your office. When entering, look for the far back left corner. This area represents your wealth. By adding a water fountain or picture of water, you can set your intentions to allow wealth to ‘flow’ into your life with abundance!
5. Go to the water. Plan regular walks or hikes to locations where you will be able to enjoy the water. A walk on the beach or hike in the woods to a waterfall immerses you in negative ions. This can alleviate depression, clear your mind, and relieve any stress you may have been feeling.
A wonderful energizer, water helps to improve your body, mind and spirit. Try some of the above, and improve your personal or business Feng Shui in the process, too!