There’s no substitute for calm, natural surroundings. If your space is lacking the “nature” aspect, do what you can to bring nature inside. Here are some tips to get you started!
1. Add full spectrum lighting to help grow some (even one) plants and reduce your stress. This type of lighting will also make you feel energized while you work, because it is the closest lighting to natural sunlight that you can find! Read "The Secret Life of Plants" to help understand why plants are so wonderful in our environments!
2. Add a water fountain to create a gentle sound and attract prosperity. Artwork that depicts scenes in nature will also help you bring in that natural feeling.
3. Make sure your desk is not directly in line with your door, nor, that it has you sitting with your back to the door. (Unless you want to take advantage of the success of facing North in 2015 and you must face a wall to do that! Just add a mirror for balance to see what is behind you!)
4. Sitting in your 'best' direction is ideal, with colors and shapes that support you in your environment. This information is based on your Four Pillar's Analysis. If you don’t know your Four Pillar’s Personal Element which provides your most supportive colors, shapes and favorable directions, this is a must. You spend a lot of time in your office – it is in your best interest to make it comfortable for you!
5. If you can, take a break during the day and go outside to walk and breath in fresh air. Giving yourself a break from the elevated electromagnetic fields that exist in most offices will help you clear your mind as well as refresh and energize you! With all of this combined, your attention, concentration and focus will improve and work can become a happy, peaceful success-filled place!